What Makes Us Unique
What Makes Us Unique?
- There is no fee to enroll and no contract to use our agency a minimum number of hours each week.
- There is not a four hour minimum. Shifts can be scheduled for two or three hours in retirement communities. We also can provide 24/7 care.
- Clients can reserve time daily, weekly or request assistance “as needed.” We also provide travel companions.
- We provide a full continuum of care including medication management, case management and skilled nursing care. Our case managers offer expertise in navigating the health care system both in and out of the hospital. We communicate with physicians and other health care professionals to develop the best plan of care.
- Our caregivers can assist with crisis intervention. We can arrange for a companion or a nurse to be on-site at the hospital to act as a patient advocate. Our nurses also can work with the family and hospital discharge planner to arrange the best possible care upon returning home.
- Moon River is highly selective. Caregivers are personable, articulate, well-trained and reliable.
- Our team includes Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, Home Health Aides and companions. Moon River also offers an internship program for college students and recent graduates pursuing careers as physicians, nurses, occupational or physical therapists.
- We take pride in providing excellent care. Prior to a visit, the patient receives introductory information about the caregiver. We follow-up to ensure the patient is completely satisfied with our services.
- Our caregivers are trained to initiate meaningful activities with patients challenged by Alzheimer’s disease or other cognitive impairments.