Provided by a licensed Home Health Agency
Moon River Senior Care and Transportation caregivers are carefully recruited, screened and trained. We believe that it is a privilege to enter your home and that you should be comfortable with the caregiver. In advance of the first assignment, each client is provided with an introduction to the caregiver. After the first visit, we seek the client’s feedback as to his/her satisfaction. If the client is not satisfied, another caregiver will be assigned.
Our agency is committed to helping clients maintain the highest level of independence. We believe that senior care services are personal and should be tailored to match each client’s needs, with consideration to interests and preferences.
Caregivers can support clients in enjoying a healthy lifestyle that may include daily walks and other ventures. The client can take the lead initiating activities, or our caregiver can take an active role in planning for an enjoyable day. Companions are able to assist with:
- Stimulating conversation
- Medication reminders
- Planning visits/outings/trips
- Reading and discussion
- Playing board games/cards
- Reminiscing/recording family history
- Respite for caregivers
- Maintaining the calendar
- Scheduling appointments
- Providing appointment reminders
- Meal planning and preparation
- Sorting mail
- Correspondence and filing
- Helping with pet care
- Basic computer instruction
- Assistance with other technology
- Organizing photos
Companions also can play an active role in helping clients stay in touch with family and friends. This may involve:
- Assisting with personal correspondence
- Arranging a gathering with the client’s friends
- Facilitating a SKYPE session.
For more information, click on tabs for Escorted Transportation, Homemaker Services, Personal Care and Skilled Nursing.